We take a long term view of candidates. We do not pressure attorneys to take offers that are not right for them. Instead, we direct candidates towards those opportunities that best match their strategic goals and abilities.
Recruiters are likely to know of opportunities candidates might not otherwise find out about. A good recruiter can offer information that is often more accurate and objective than the knowledge a candidate might obtain from professional or social contacts.
Michaelson Associates does not “flood” your organization with the resumes of candidates who are less than ideal. Several law firms have conducted in-house studies to determine which recruiters sent the most appropriate candidates, and those studies have shown time and again that Michaelson Associates sent the candidates who were the best suited for those firms. For more than three decades, Michaelson Associates has earned the trust of law firms and in-house legal departments by sending them only those candidates who not only have exceptional credentials, but who also are compatible in terms of practice, personality and firm culture.
Catherine S. Michaelson founded Michaelson Associates in 1982 and has more than three decades of experience placing partners and associates at law firms and in-house. Since 2003, Harvard Law School has invited her to present programs and advise law students on career development and on the New York legal market. During her decades as a recruiter, Cathy has developed strong personal and professional ties to senior partners and chairmen at preeminent law firms, and executives at in-house legal departments.
•_A corporate partner with a major global French client at a national firm also working with that client.
•_An insurance regulatory partner at a Wall Street firm with a branded practice in the area.
•_A bank regulatory partner at a Wall Street firm strong in financial services.
•_A white collar litigation partner who was a former AUSA in the Southern District at a national firm.
•_Placement of a project finance team with a strong LATAM focus at a major Texas Firm.
•_Placement of a Latin American capital markets expert at a Magic Circle firm’s New York office.
•_A senior real estate partner with global investment clients at a national firm.
•_A six person venture capital and emerging company team at a national firm where the lead partner will be chair of the national practice. The firm is well situated in the middle market and they view this practice as a strategic complement.
•_A high end aviation finance partner at a global American firm which is expanding in this area in London and in New York.
•_ A high-end insurance and financial litigation partner in the New York office of a well-known Ohio firm.
•_A major privacy and data security practice partner at a legendary Silicon Valley firm representing cutting-edge technology companies.
•_An international project finance team at an AmLaw 100 firm where the senior partner is now chair of the practice.
•_A patent litigator at a 500-lawyer global litigation firm where he now heads the Hong Kong office.
Read more >
Blank Rome Welcomes Accomplished Corporate Partner Jeffrey Cohen in New York, January 7, 2019
Columbia Business School awards the 2018 Benjamin Michaelson Prize to Zenah Hasan at a Fellowship Reception
Former Head of Bank Regulatory Practice, Thomas Ko, Joins Stroock, June 4, 2018
Stroock Adds Leading Insurance Lawyer Huhnsik Chung as Partner in New York, June 1, 2018
Bracewell Bags Project Finance Duo From Pillsbury, New York Law Journal, March 26, 2018
Clifford Chance adds Partner Hugo Triaca to its US Capital Markets and Latin America Practices, February 1, 2018
On The Move, New York Law Journal, May 5, 2017
Fox Rothschild Raids Dentons for New York Startup Group, March 27, 2017
Dentons Cyber Group Chair Jumps to Cooley - AmLaw, May 4, 2016
The End of Partnership", ABA Journal, August 2015
- A corporate partner with a major global French client at a national firm also working with that client.
- A six person venture capital and emerging company team at a national firm where the lead partner will be chair of the national practice. The firm is well situated in the middle market and they view this practice as a strategic complement
- A high end aviation finance partner at a global American firm which is expanding in this area in London and in New York.
- A high-end insurance and financial litigation partner in the New York office of a well-known Ohio firm.
- A major privacy and data security practice partner at a legendary Silicon Valley firm representing cutting-edge technology companies.
- A mid-level litigation associate with a Harvard JD and two federal clerkships at a high quality boutique to do civil litigation.
- A project finance and energy capital markets partner in the New York office of an Atlanta based national firm.
- A corporate lawyer with a fashion practice heavily involved with French companies at a 600 lawyer firm. He became chair of the department and tripled his practice in a short time.